Tuesday, November 11, 2008

New stompin' grounds.


Newly purchased faux fur vest from Zara.

Our kitchen. Stainless steel microwave and toaster. No biggie.

Outerwear closet.

Kirsty's beautiful antique headboard which was handcrafted in the 18th century in Paris. Maybe not...but it IS from Ikea.

My most loved purchase for the room...sheepskin rug.

FINALLY we have a home. We moved into Mallory Place a couple of weeks ago and it feels great. Can't say I have ANY urge/want/need/desire to do anymore Ikea trips... but were here now and aside from a few boxes (mostly mine, what can I say I've accumulated a lot of raw goods in my days) were getting settled. Now to plan the house warming...

xo

Al

5 comments:

extraordinary machine said...

I have the same original antique handcrafted headboard from Paris in the 18th century.

Otherwise known as Ikea Etobicoke. $79, how could we pass it up?

I understand your feeling of relief when it comes to finally settling into a place. Although my settling came alot quicker then yours..

Meghan and Lana said...

LOVe the sheepskin rug and the antique hand made 18th century iron cast etc headboard. also love/weirded out by the kitchen counter leaning in - ness of it? kind of? no. ok. stainless steel=only way to eat toast.
ill come to the housewarming party if you make legit invitations.

maygin

Alex A. said...

I KNOW mt the counter leaning is crazy. its very odd. the kitchen overall is kind of odd and very, very 70's. which is aiiiighttt. it's funny though because we were over at the neighbors apartment (yeah were friends with our neighbors) and there kitchen is all freshly re done and beauty and we have a leaning 70's thing going on.. cool?
and hay are faceboook invitations legit?

xoooooxoxoxoxo AL pal

Meghan and Lana said...

i lovee (note: two ees) your fur vest.
i wore a (real) fur coat to take my cat to the vet yesterday and got loads of bad looks. i wanted to tell the front desk lady that i made the coat out of my last cat. L

Alex A. said...

jeez Lana what the heck would Clemence say if she knew you were wearing a cat coat?

also I come home one month today for a lovely three week visit. maybe we can get together..