Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Quality time with that special someone...

These days my special someone is...homework. As I'm sure most students are feeling right now it's that time to hustle and get s*** done ( I gotta censor, mama Ateah reads this). Anyways for most of the weekend I've been a busy beaver working on my final illustration project. The project was to create a line of clothing inspired by one outfit by any designer from any season. I struuuugggled with what to choose but eventually decided on a Valentino number. I loved the capelets so much on the dress I knew I needed to use it. I gotta give Kirsty Reid some cred for coming up with the name La Cirque Noir. Anyways although I left it till the last moment I could I like how it turned out. Please notice the Lebanese Buns in which a couple of the models are rocking. I know what your thinking "HEY those are Swedish buns!" but you...are wrong. There Lebanese because they have dark hair. OK?

This was my inspiration outfit from Valentino fall 2008 RTW.




10 comments:

Meghan and Lana said...

oooohhhh al pal i LOVE this. I can appreciate a high bun, no matter where from. I hope you get a good mark on this. I'd give you an A+.
<3 mt

Alex A. said...

thankks baby giiiirllllllll. i hope teach gives me an A+ alsoo.....!

Kristen said...

I love this too! Amazing designs.

your one sharp kid miss. ateah.

Meghan and Lana said...

That one Lebanese drawing is rocking the most serious Alex Ateah pose. I love that you draw inspiration from your wonderful self!! And I second Miss Tooley, a high bun is a universal language, and is blind to race. High-buns across the globe unite!! Make high-buns not war!! I can't think of anything else....
I lurves you. Share more of your designs with the interweb.
xoxoo L

Alex A. said...

whooa look at all these comments! Playground Love is really starting to take off! crazy. Thanks for da love and I hope, I really do, that one day..ONE DAY...high buns can live, love, breathe together! Share the same dream of peace and happiness! Love one another for the beauty that is the high bun and not judge on color or texture!

Gillian King said...

hey alex! i creep on your blog fyi - love the drawings! i like the little black dress with green fish like scales - very cool

Alex A. said...

Thanks Gill! I will be home for Christmas and I hope to see your lovely face around!

Stefanie said...

the proj is looking nice! Meanwhile, I'm working away to finish all my final projects :(

Les Deux said...

wowwwwweeeeee.
those illustrations are wonderful miss! love it, love it, love it!
kiss, D

Andrew said...

these are beautiful alex!