Monday, December 8, 2008

Pull out the champagne ladies and gents...

It is indeed that time of year again! New years! Inspired my MT's most recent post I decided to do a little new years post as well regarding New Years Attire. Last year inspired by YSL Fall 2007 RTW I tried to recreate a sort version of this white tuxedo jacket:

This is how it turned out:

The sewing was horrible on it but the effect was there. I ended up just removing the lapels from one black tuxedo jacket I had and sewing them on top of a white jacket. I also rented this amazing sequined cap from Ragpickers which I wish I could have bought but it was, sadly, not for sale.

Now what to wear this year...?

xo Al

4 comments:

Meghan and Lana said...

hahahaha i love that you chose the photo of you being concealed. that jacket was amaaaazing you looked so LIIIIIZZZAAAA!
i'm sure you will out-do yourself this year. speaking of which i need your help when you come home with fixing a vintage prom dress i got from the slipper. the waist needs to be raised higher and i am at a total loss. it's literally been on my dress form for weeks and i've just stared at it and stuck pins in it. help????
xoxoxoxoxoxo L
(i have to write really long blog comments because i don't have facebook anymore)

Meghan and Lana said...

wear NOTHING

i have facebook so i'll stick to that

Alex A. said...

LANA i love when you conceal me! i will for sho help you with your prom dress fixing. Is it for new years? Are you going to desire on new years? I think we all shoulddd. OK!? whats with deleting facebook lanaa b? how am i supposed to poke you anymore? do i have to poke for real now? in person? thats whack...SSEEE YOU MONNDDAYYYY! can we hang? ok.

& mt im disgusted that "wear nothing" comment. COMMONN!

also can we also hang on monday!? OK
LOVEE

al pal

Vera said...

You look amazing! You're so talented!